Monday, July 6, 2009

Fun Fourth

What a great Fourth of July week/weekend! I hung out with Melanie and celebrated the end of summer school with some wine, and by some I mean a lot. I also went to a BBQ held by some of the teachers that I work with. It was great to hang out with some of the teachers and be normal for a change. You get so caught up with being professional that we forget that we are normal people that do fun things. We had great food and drinks and had fun in the pool, well I had fun watching people in the pool. Mel and I then played an intense game of shuffle board, which reminded me of time of Club Schmitz! Good times...Good times... On the fourth, my family came over to the house and we continued our tradition of making a flag cake. It was sooooo yummy. The little ones had a good time licking their fingers in between putting the fruit on. Good thing only family was going to eat it. After a cake filled afternoon, Melanie, Teresa and I started out for the Rangers game. We did a little tail gateing and then enjoy the most American thing you can do. We grabbed a cold beer, a hot dog, fries and headed to watch the Rangers beat the Rays and stand alone in first place. Then watched as fireworks illuminated the sky. Then on my way home I get an unexpected call from Sheila and we got to catch up. On top of all of that, Kara came home from her trip to Mexico. She had a great time even thought she wished she could have more time with the kids. I am happy that I am surrounded by great memories and am excited to gain more memories in the next years!

No comments: