Sunday, January 31, 2010

Teacher of the Month and a couple of First Places!

As the school year is rounding out to the end, I pause to reflect on some successes. I have had a great year so far with great kids, a team that is learning to work with each other, and some accomplishments that I am proud to have conquered. My year started with a nomination and winning of Teacher of the Month for September! People might think that this is a stupid and silly thing to be proud of but I was and still am so enthusiastic about being one of the teachers of the month. I have worked hard to get the nomination. It was a moment that I had been waiting to see. It was a validation in an odd way to know that this is what I am supposed to be doing with my life. It is what I was born to do.
Following the Teacher of the Month win, my kids won first place in Carolpallooza contest. Just another simple joy. I was so proud of them. Last year I would have probably stressed about getting them ready to sing, and said forget it, but this year we worked hard and they got to have their time in the limelight!
Finally, my kiddos were just granted another win. My class made a news cast video for a set of books that we had read together. We entered it into the Irving Media Fair and won first place for Video 90secs to 5 minutes. Two of my students came to the event and they were so proud of themselves, even the one that was not even shown. She was so proud to tell her mom that she was the one holding the camera.
I am having a great year to say the least! I am hoping to get out of my rut that I am in right now, and focus on moving forward to have more wins! Teacher of the year??????

No comments: